Friday, November 11, 2011

(Words) Honoring my favorite Veteran.... #happyveteransday



To a few of you this spot should look VERY FAMILIAR TO YOU. Lenoir, NC



Before I start the known debauchery that is Fun Friday* here on the blog, I just wanted to give thanks to all the men and women who put it on the line for us EVERY DAY. In a day where cats are out here throwing around the word 'soldier' and the like, there are ACTUAL REAL SOLDIERS OUT THERE TAKING ENEMY FIRE AND RISKING THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY. I, for one, salute you for it.

While we may not always agree on WHY we are at war, the fact remains, folks are out here sacrificing their lives for us to live the way we live. (What up JR Smith!? How's that 'No YouTube in China thing' working out for ya? Yeah...It is the simple things no?) For that I am thankful. If no more than for the freedom to be who I am and if for no less the freedom to actually have access to YouTube (In case you are dense, that is an EXAMPLE. Don't be so literal..).




Old North Rd. Lenoir, NC commonly known as "BushTown Rd..."






To my favorite Veteran: 


Thank you again. For everything. I know you are gone in the physical but you taught me how to live and learn from you even when you were here with us but not 'IN MY PRESENCE' so I'm pretty good. Miss the trash talking phone calls though and of course seeing you. But the lessons? Didn't forget those! Can still hear what you WOULD SAY so it is just like you are here. Kind of like you used to say about your Mother and Father. I fully understand now just how much you cherished those memories with what appeared to be a look of chagrin but what was more of a joyful memory in those times of 'need'. I get it now. I thought you were hurting when in fact you were healing. I find myself doing the same now. I understand.

Some of your former students, those dudes who you were pretty much THEIR FATHER TOO and colleagues told me to that they wished they had gotten to thank you. I tried to tell them the best way I knew how that just by living their life and becoming something, they did you proud. Some cried. Some just nodded their head. Others didn't know you even kept tabs. Perhaps their thoughts have reached you at this point. I know you hear all of my thoughts and ideas so I will refrain from typing out EVERY DETAIL here, as that is example that you set for me. Just wanted to say a few words publicly 'tis all. Don't mind me. You know how your son is. He is going to say what he is going to say. Again, thank you. For everything. 


Your Son



Again, some of you have VIVIDLY expressed your displeasure in your country's actions. Well within your rights to do so in my opinion. I only say this to you though if YOU REALLY CAN'T STAND HOW WE DO THINGS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES. 




 Move.


* If you knew my Daddy, you would KNOW that he never did mind ONE BIT OF DEBAUCHERY so if you are feeling 'some type of way' about this post being put up in the midst of 'WHATEVER' you may see on the side....Save that shit. He'd probably cuss you out himself and tell you about yourself. He wouldn't feel disrespected. At all. TRUST ME when I tell you.